Rated R for Rowdy, Raunchy, Rude and REALLY hilarious!
Tagline: “Ever Wish Your Boss Was Dead?”
Do you hate your boss? Do you they make your life a living hell? Do you just want them GONE GONE GONE?
That’s how Nick (Jason Bateman), Kurt (Jason Sudeikis) and Dale (Charlie Day) felt with their bosses who were absolute pains! You have three guys, who can’t stand their bosses – (in sequence) Kevin Spacey playing Dave Harken the ass of a boss, Colin Farrell as Bobby Pellit who is an absolute “tool” and Jennifer Aniston who plays man eater boss Dr Julia Harris. Quitting is not and option, and getting another job seems to difficult. But after a few-too-many drinks and some dubious advice from an ex-con, Mother F***er Jones (Jamie Foxx ), they come up with the brilliant plan to kill each other’s bosses. Not such a bad plan actually, minus one small problem… the boys are absolute retards in being assassins haha.
Food for Thought:
There seem to be quite a number of movies doing the male bonding theme lately. I know the bro code is cool and all but come on.. Where is the sister code eh? And no i don’t want a chicky flicky like Monte Carlo.
The Show Stealer:
This goes to Charlie Day for me. He’s probably the saddest and most tragic out of the trio, but that makes him all the more endearing. Sure you would think that having your boss for herself on you would be heaven to some. For his character Dale, it really just isn’t cool. His overly wild, innocently stupid behaviour had me in stitches.
Love These Moments:
- Jennifer Aniston! i’m so happy that i finally get to see you in a different character that is away from Rachel and the lil-miss-rom-com act. She was such a mean and horny boss in this film. i love it! It’s a side you don’t always see her play on the silver screen. She was rude, obnoxious, the perfect man eater. There’s one line that is just stuck in my head. She retorts to Dale when she brings his fiance to the dental clinic and gets her unconscious from the anesthesia “Let’s use her like a bed!” LIKE WHAT?????
- The car chase scene or rather accident scene. There was one part where the cinematography was brilliant. You know when you smash into something in front of you, you just want to close your eyes, cause you want to protect yourself from the impact. Well they managed to do that for the scene where the umm range rover was banging into the car the guys were driving.
Nicee to see Jamie Fox play a bad a** character.. who is actually not all that bad a** really. He’s just a real smart con man! haha. Everytime he cocked his eyebrow and took a sip from his drink, it just made me crack up. hahaha it’s like he’s trying to say, i’m serious and you don’t mess with me.. in a weird funny way. Hard to explain it.. just go watch it, you’ll get what i’m trying to say. 😛
- If you thought Collin Farrel was going to be hot in this movie. Well he is soooo not! Instead he plays nasty, cokehead son, Bobby who is a real “tool” requesting for the overweight people to be fired just because he can’t stand looking at them. Wow what an a**!!!! It looks like he’s balding too, and with a horrible slurry texan accent.. he sounded like the alien from MIB the big cockroach if you listen carefully >.<. His performance was kinda short lived though, not a lot of him was shown in the movie, which is a shame! Cause i liked his weird character.
And of allllll things, my favourite Mr Fantastic does a cameo in the movie as a man who urinates on other man to make money. Hahaha imagine my horror. Another cameo that had me jumping in my seat was seeing the Old Spice guy Isaiah Mustaffa!
Seth Gordon, does the wonderful thing of just taking a step aside and letting his cast do the things they do best. By being absolute goofballs.
The chemistry between the actors was very believable and it seemed like they had been friends forever. You can tell they had a lot of fun making this movie. Especially when you watch the credits, cause there are tons of behind the scene footage. the best one had to be when Jason Sudeikiss was saying to Jason Bateman, Watch out for this conversation!
Kurt: Tell you what, I’d like to bend her over a barrel and show her the fifty states, you know what I’m saying?
Kurt: Sounds like something from a movie…
Nick: i don’t think so…
Kurt (now as Jason Sudeikiss) : it is now!
Kevin Spacey is probably the most evil boss ever. Giving himself a promotion, when clearly other people deserve it. He’s the kind of boss that will make you work till very late, make you miss your grandma’s funeral, then make you think that you are going to get the golden carrot, then he yanks it away. Mean!!
The scriptwriting of Michael Markowitz, John Francis Daley, and Jonathan Goldstein, gave the film, very amusing situations and snappy retorts. The actors just brought the lines all to life! Below are just some of the quotes i love from the film.
- Kurt: You can’t win a marathon without putting some bandaids on your nipples!
- Dean ‘MF’ Jones: I can’t walk around this f**kin neighborhood with that Disney-ass name.
- Dale: We are MEN, SEEKING A MAN!
- Nick: I don’t have sleeve gloves!
- Dale: You’re a raper, you raped me, that’s a RAPE!
For those of you who enjoyed The Hangover, Horrible Bosses falls in the same category. However i find that it probably has a more enjoyable storyline. There was maybe a bit of pacing problem at first. Cause the beginning seemed a bit draggy, but towards the middle portion it picked up a lot! Making the movie a lot more exciting to watch, especially during the car chase scene.
See it / Skip it:
i say see it! Not necessarily cinema but it’s still a nice comedy to catch!
General Release Date: 11th August 2011
Be the 9th SMS-er through when your hear the cue to win 4 open passes to the movie “Horrible Bosses“! Just tune in to Eleven 2 Three with Lexie, Drive with Terry & Evening with Arnold for your cue to SMS.
Special thanks to Warner Bros. Pictures