Every Thursday at the Red Fm office we wouldhave a theme for the day. This week it was neck tie day!
I was going for the “Avril Lavigne” tomboyish look, hence the strappy top and fitting pants. Of course i had to do up the nails as well. But here’s the thing, i couldn’t find any example of tie nailart out on google. So i had to imagine and create my own look. Which wasn’t too hard but i had to sketch the drawing first on paper.
If you’re wondering how it was done.. read on below.
- First paint your nails one to two coats of white nail polish.
- Then draw a black arch at the base of your cuticle, along with two diagonal lines at the sides. This will be your collar outline.
- Next draw a tiny red triangle in between your diagonal lines. This is the tie knot.
- Make two long lines from the tie knot all the way to the tips of your fingernail tips. It should look like a tall narrow pyramid.
- Colour your tall pyramid, there ya go your tie is now complete!
- OPTION: You can choose to leave it as is, or you can go on to draw a jacket outline of a vest. Which is what i’ve done. Draw two arches that will join at the centre
- Fill the two arches with black nail polish. That’s the V of a jacket.
- OPTION: You can choose to deco up the tie or leave it. I chose to spruce it up a bit more,by making it look like a Hogwarts school tie.
- Wa-La! Repeat on all the other fingers.